Mendeley also gives the option of entering a source details manually rather than having to import/ save the document in the database. This article will explain the process to enter citation which do not have proper source paper. For example, a document from a friend/ colleague which needs changing the citation style from Harvard to MLA. In this case, one do not have direct access to the source of the references used in the paper. Or sometimes researcher may want to cite references which are mentioned inside another article/journal/book. In such cases, follow this step to import reference:
- Open the Mendeley Desktop Version. Go to “File”, then “Add Entry Manually“.
- A small window will open where one can enter all the details about the source (journal, books, book section, report, patent, film, magazine article, etc).
|Manually editing citation while using Mendeley||Install new referencing styles in Mendeley|
Latest posts by Priya Chetty (see all)
- Why am I being suggested to go for a higher word count category? - December 8, 2019
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a review study? - December 8, 2019
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of an empirical study? - December 8, 2019