Everything has a beginning and an ending, so does a dissertation. As the proverb goes “All’s well that ends well”, so as a matter of fact ending should be logical; otherwise the writer happens to just play a roundabout way and is giving room to the audience’s unending questions. While dealing by means of a University dissertation’s conclusion chapter writing, it is wiser to clearly be familiar with the execution of good dissertation writing.
Conclusion is often considered as the most difficult part of the thesis, and at many times the author feels that he has nothing more left to write towards the completion of his paper. The author needs to keep in mind that the conclusion is usually what a reader remembers at its best. The conclusion should be the best part of his or her research paper.
A conclusion should
- Constantly provide the essence of the thesis statement,
- Give the thesis a notion of wholeness at the end
- Leave a final and long lasting effect and impression on the reader.
Five important points for concluding a thesis are
- Remember the thesis conclusion chapter is the division that offers the synopsis of the research.
- An ideal thesis conclusion should be precise, informative, and lucid.
- A fine thesis conclusion includes clear cut information on the facts gathered
- While writing a thesis conclusion the writers should respond to all the questions which have been raised.
- A better way is to provide personal ideas, views and advice to the reader.
Few suggestions to keep in mind
- Justify the question “So what?”
Make it clear to the reader why this paper was significant. Make them realize how meaningful and useful this paper was.
- Combine at the end, don’t give a mere recap
Don’t merely repeat details that were already given in the body of the paper. The reader would have already read it. The vital point is to make it clear to them how relevant the points discussed in the paper were and support used throughout were not random, but actually supports the argument.
- Redirect the readers
The conclusion of the thesis should provoke the thought of its reader, a way to utilize the paper in the real world. If introduction went from general to specific, make the conclusion go from specific to general.