DYNAMICS OF STOCK MARKET INVESTMENTS
Stocks are one of the fundamental investment instruments. Understanding the risk level based on financial ratios gives an investor valuable information on how to maximise profits from stocks.
About this module
This module delves into the basics of stock market investments. It compares stocks to other investment instruments like bonds, warrants, and options. Fundamentals of dividends and their relationship with the market have been explored.
Learn to choose the right type of stock based on your risk tolerance level. Gain knowledge of different financial markets of the world and investment principles of some of the renowned traders.
What you’ll need
- Any spreadsheet software like MS Excel, Pages or Sheets
- STATA software
- 40 hours
Skills you will gainBalance sheet analysis Ratio analysis Financial markets analysis ARIMA CAPM Trend analysis Momentum analysis
Basics of statistics
Understand the basics of the stock market investment.
Get familiar with different investment instruments.
Gain knowledge of financial ratio analysis.
Perform advanced tests in STATA.
Perform predictive analysis.
- Stock market analysis plays an important role in investment decisions
- Risk tolerance by stocks categorization using ratio analysis
- Categorizing stock market investments into income, growth & value stock
- Risk return analysis of income, value and growth stocks
- Different types of stock market analysis
- An introduction to stock market trend analysis
- Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) to determine stock value
- Introduction to the Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) model
- The difference in stock’s closing price and opening price
- Methodology to analyze the dynamic behavior of investors in the Indian stock market
- Trend analysis of average returns of BSE stocks (2000-2010)
- Trend analysis of stocks performance listed in BSE (2011-2020)
- Inferential analysis to compare the performance of stocks listed in the BSE (2011-2020)
- Analysing annualized average returns from BSE listed stocks
- Investment decisions based on price to book value ratio
- Medium-term momentum analysis of growth, income and value stocks
Live tuition sessions
Our live tuition sessions are curated for statistical analysis to derive financial ratios and identify ideal stocks for investing based on your risk appetite. They include discussions on problems you feel stuck at and can’t find the answer to.
- Virtual teaching using live demonstration.
- Illustration for different levels of complexity of datasets.
- Easy to follow instructions.
- Tutoring is focused on understanding concepts rather than rote learning.
- Customized session agenda keeping with different industry requirements.
Check out our upcoming tuition events in the calendar. Click on the event to view its agenda and book your session.