In the recent trends of project management includes the portfolio management of project. The portfolio management of project is a movement by the organization to control the project to evaluate how well the projects will align with the goals of the strategy and quantify its value. The agency or company will decide to destroy the project with low money to dedicate the great resources to the remaining project.
Project Manager’s Responsibility:
The figure below shows the responsibilities of project manager (Patrick, 2005):
The Project Manager is responsible for everything that is required to make the project a success whether indirectly or directly. This is not like a typical role of hierarchical line management. The Project Manager is the head of everything related to the project. By controlling the contribution of peers and seniors is important to manage the team work. The project manager’s responsibilities are (Claude, 1983):
- The needs of the Project Manager to manage upwards is to ensure that the reverse hierarchy comprise of the leadership of the organization and the sponsors of the project are doing all that is required to guarantee for the project success (Paul, 2000).
- The Project Manager is the main head for communicating with other projects, initiatives and departments within the organization, taking into account the contributions and needs of other internal groups (Marcus, 1999).
- The Project Manager is similarly the major head of contact for feature requiring co-ordination and co-operation with the external parties such as the suppliers and contractors of the project, suppliers, regulatory bodies, customers and other third parties make sure that everything is in place to guarantee the success.
- The Project Manager has the responsibility for the activities of all the participants of project, tasks of the project tasks and deliverables (Manus, 2006).
The Project Manager needs to achieve this without direct control over the participants. The Project Manager has no power over the leadership, or the external and internal contributors. In the project team there may be lending staff, sub-contractors and part-timers that have their prime loyalties (Parviz, 2000).
- Patrick R, Management of Knowledge in Project Environments, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2005.
- Claude C, Contract Administration for the Project Manager, 1983.
- Paul E, Virtual Project Management: Software Solutions for Today and the Future, CRC Press, 2000.
- Marcus T, Scope Containment in Information Systems Projects, 1999.
- Manus J, Project Management, 2006.
- Parviz F, the Advanced Project Management Office: A Comprehensive Look at Function and Implementation, CRC Press, 2002.
- How to write the background of the study in thesis research? - September 25, 2021
- Challenges in the implementation of ecotourism model and practices - September 22, 2021
- Understanding the scheme of thesis chapterisation - September 16, 2021