Everyone who is writing a research paper whether one is an undergraduate, masters or PhD, usually faces problems while writing the conclusion. The main objective of writing a conclusion is to confirm that the given research project has accomplished its goal. You should also know the correct place to put your ‘finish’ line. The right place for ending a research is just before the appendices and bibliography. The conclusion can also include recommendations to the university society for advance research to be pursued on the subject.
Finishing your research work
Drawing an end line which is named as ‘conclusion of the research’ is every so often considered to be more significant than the introduction. Lot of activities and distinctive features are involved in writing such. A good quality text of the termination paragraph summarizes the entire project, highlighting the core issues and objectives of the project in a very lucid and clear manner. The advantage of a well formed text is that it is highly precise and concise. Just by going through it, should enable a reader in getting a clear idea of the research objective and its results and findings.
Connect your earlier chapters
Another important point to keep in mind while writing a conclusion is it should be well connected between its lines along with the introduction part. Key issues given in the introduction should relate well to the findings in the conclusion part. A credible ‘research conclusion’ adequately strengthens the impression from work. This also helps to clearly identify the solution to the problem mentioned in the paper.
Concluding the research in a right way
Composing an ending to a research is the most time consuming, as it is one of the significant parts of the entire paper. If the findings of the research is not properly noted and mentioned in its last lines then the entire hard work becomes futile. It is very important that the result is properly documented and the inference properly explained in your conclusion. You should remember that no new facts should be introduced there as it is a place where a summary of the facts discussed in the body are referred. Without this the paper is just an accumulation of previous and current research findings on the subject.
Lets now make it a bit clear by simplifying into segmented parts. This will undoubtedly avoid any kind of confusions and ensure in receiving a solid informative article:
- Introduction: In this section you will provide an overall brief synopsis of the entire research work and its objective. This will help in understanding the purpose of your study.
- Stating the Problem and approach: Here you can bring into view the problem statement as given in the introduction without repeating what is already stated there. The reader should not be required to go back and read other sections to get an perceptive of the purpose of your study Everything in this section should be crisp and to the point.
- Results: This section should be the neatly written, just providing in a statement or two, the results of your finding. You can add an additional paragraph to give evidences or affirmations in support of your inference statement. You can also put this paragraph as a separate section and name it as ‘Discussion of outcome ’.
- Recommendation: This will be the last part. In this part you should briefly describe your findings. One can also discuss the prospects of further research on this subject.
This kind of approach often helps in avoiding disorder while writing and increases the readability.
- Human and Societal values in the writings of modern Indian writers in English - March 25, 2012
- How to prepare the conclusion of your research paper? - February 2, 2012
- Corporate social responsibility in private sector - December 10, 2011