Structural equation modeling (SEM) with
Learn to simplify and build complex statistical multivariate models with ease. This module has been curated to estimate your model in a way that is easy to interpret and open to perspectives.
About this module
This module will help you understand the fundamental procedures to apply structural equation modeling (SEM) using SPSS Amos in your research. With this, you will also understand its advantages over traditional regression models to estimate and improve your model fitness.
What you’ll need
- SPSS Software package
- SPSS Amos package
- Any spreadsheet software like Excel, Pages or Sheets
- 10 hours
Skills you will gainConfirmatory factor analysis (CFA) Confirmatory composite analysis (CCA) Path analysis Partial least square (PLS) Latent growth modeling Correlation Regression Reliability Validity Dimension reduction Hypothesis testing Mediation analysis Moderating or interaction effect analysis
Introduction to SEM
Fundamentals of SEM, its relevance, terminologies used and different types of tests.
- Introduction to quantitative data analysis methods
- How to install SPSS Amos software for SEM analysis?
- What is Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) analysis?
- Understanding the application of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
- Factors and composites in structural equation modeling
- Different types of structural equation modeling analysis
- Applying structural equation modeling (SEM) to a research
- Understanding the foundations of structural equation modeling
Data analysis procedure
Discussing the AMOS environment and explaining how to import or create a new dataset and the analysis procedure.
- Importing data and creating datasheet in SPSS
- Get familiar with the SPSS Amos interface
- Interpretation of factor analysis using SPSS
- Two ways of importing data to Amos
- Criteria for reliability and validity in SEM analysis
- A guide to SEM analysis procedures
- How to perform structural equation modeling (SEM) analysis with AMOS?
- Reliability test in SPSS using Cronbach Alpha
- How to build a PLS-SEM model using AMOS?
- Building path analysis model in SEM with SPSS Amos
- Performing Confirmatory Composite Analysis (CCA) test using SPSS AMOS
- Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA) in SEM using SPSS Amos
- Factor analysis using SPSS
Live tuition sessions
Our live tuition sessions are curated for multivariate model complexities that need you to delve deeper into AMOS. They include discussions on problems you feel stuck at and can’t find the answer to.
- Virtual teaching using live demonstration.
- Illustration for different levels of complexity of datasets.
- Easy to follow instructions.
- Tutoring is focused on the understanding of concepts rather than rote learning.
- Customized session agenda keeping with different industry requirements.
Check our upcoming tuition events in the calendar. Click on the event to view its agenda and book your session.