STATA, like SPSS is a smart data analysis tool used for data management and analysis. It is a fast and easy to use, across all operating systems such as Windows, Unix and Mac. Our module is based on Windows version of STATA 11.0. The software is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit windows operating systems. The standard version of the software can handle upto 2047 variables whereas the expert edition can handle the data upto 32,766 variables. In this first article I am focussing on the basic interface of the software.
Basic STATA interface
- Command: The window labeled command is where you type in your commands.
- Results: Once the command is entered the results are shown in larger window as tagged above.
- Review: History of commands entered are added in the command window of review section.
- Variables: The list of variables in the data set is added in the variable window. Properties of variables are mentioned in the same window in case of version 11.0, however after v12.0, the properties tab has been shifted to right hand side corner (see figure below).
Latest posts by Priya Chetty (see all)
- Understanding the importance of organisational justice - March 30, 2020
- The importance of user-generated content for promotions - March 27, 2020
- How culture has saved Japan from the ravages of the COVID-19 - March 27, 2020