What is a dissertation?
A dissertation is considered to be an intensive judge of the knowledge of the students wherein they have to give a comprehensive piece of work in writing based on extensive study, independent research and reading for Masters’s Degree or Doctoral study.
Dissertation research is the last and final obstacle undertaken by a student after the completion of his extensive examination to obtain his degree. The dissertation formulates to be filled with the ideas, thoughts and ideology of the writer which depicts not only his skills and knowledge but also his talent in completing the same successfully. Dissertation research is not a matter of talk in the span of his academics, while a student is judged by the employer in the future based on his dissertation research work. Therefore it requires extra attention and cautiousness.
Presenting your dissertation research work
The dissertation is a single research work given to the student by the University and it turns out to be a key meter of the original capacity of a student. A dissertation needs to follow a few basic rules when it is done for academic purposes. The rules are:
- Dissertation research should give a clear thought in response to the main question proposed
- The dissertation topic and the sourcing is to be done by the writer in a sincere and straightforward manner as this is to judge the writer’s personality
- The methodology one is to implement in the writing of the dissertation is to be chosen and be clear about the collection of sources and pieces of evidence.
- The analysis should prove to be of ultimate satisfaction for the University and to the writer so the source and the methodology to be decided in advance.
Every dissertation has a basic structure or design wherein few changes may occur due to the choice of subject and university grants.
- Title page,
- Declaration signed Abstract,
- and literature review,
- Appendices and Bibliography.