Note that we combine the information we collect from you from the Site, through the Service generally, or offline.
By visiting www.projectguru.in you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
- Project Guru does not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
- Project Guru does not share your contact information with other users or third parties without your consent.
- Any personally identifiable information that you provide to Project Guru will be secured with industry-standard protocols and technology.
1. Information collection
Project Guru is an online platform that connects clients & freelancers. Users of the Service may be Clients (anyone utilizing the Project Guru platform to request services) or Freelancers (any company, individual user, or groups of associated individual users or companies utilizing the Project Guru platform to offer services). Freelancers may also use the platform as clients to work with other Freelancers.
Information you provide to us
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Client or Freelancer), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal, Payoneer or other bank account information, and billing address.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer-identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- General Audience Service: The Service is a general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that Project Guru has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us.
- Non-Identifying Information: We also may collect other information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Service, and general project-related data (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregate information collected from Project Guru registered and non-registered users (“Project Guru Users”). We consider usernames to be Non-Identifying Information. Usernames are made public through the Service and are viewable by other Project Guru Users.
Information received from third parties
Information collected from users automatically
We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and third-party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service. This information may include, among other information:
- the browser and operating system you are using,
- the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service,
- the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Service,
- areas within the Service that you visited, and
- other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your location (If you allow) or other unique device identifiers (“Device Identifier”) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Service. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Service, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Service.
The technology used to collect information automatically from Project Guru users may include the following:
- Cookies: Like many websites, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use both persistent cookies that remain on your computer or similar device (such as to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Service and to track your compliance with the Project Guru Terms of Service) and session ID cookies, which expire at the end of your browser session (for example, to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how Project Guru users interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage by Project Guru users and web traffic routing on the Service). You may be able to instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service.
- Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how Project Guru users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
User Profiles: You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Service and outside the Service, skills, hourly pay rates, income from Project Guru, feedback/ rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Project Guru Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Project Guru Profile. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your account and may choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us.
To request removal of your personal information from our website, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
2. Information use
We use information collected through the Service to provide and improve the Service, process your requests, prevent fraud, provide you with information and advertising that may interest you, comply with the law, and as otherwise permitted with your consent.
We use information we collect:
- To provide and improve the Service, complete your transactions, and address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid and for compliance and internal business purposes;
- To contact you with administrative communications and Project Guru newsletters, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of Project Guru or third parties), and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Your Account & Notification Settings section;
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online;
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent;
- To assess your proposal to perform a freelance project for Project Guru and prepare related governmental and internal statistics reports;
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Project Guru or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify Project Guru Users; and
Unless you request that we delete certain information, we retain the information we collect for at least 5 years and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes.
3. Information sharing and disclosure
Project Guru will not sell or rent any collected information to third parties. Project Guru will not share your information with other users or third parties except in cases required to provide services you request through Project Guru.
We share your information with third parties, including service providers, regulated institutions (e.g., financial institutions), affiliated entities, and business partners as set out below. In the section below, we also list the reasons why we share information.
- Information about Freelancers Shared with Clients: We share information regarding Freelancers working on a Client project, including information in workstream and work history, with Clients. Note that if a Freelancer is suspended from the Project Guru Service, we may share that information with Clients for whom that Freelancer has worked or applied for work. If you choose to apply for work as a Freelancer via the Service, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Account Profile.
- Information about Clients Shared with Freelancers: If you have entered into a service contract with another user, we may provide them with your name, billing address, or tax ID or GST number in order to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of Project Guru’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: Project Guru will share information with government agencies as required by law, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to the government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Project Guru or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify Project Guru Users and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- Internal and Business Transfers: Project Guru may share information, including Personal Information, with its firm, subsidiaries, and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
4. Third party analytics providers, ad servers and similar third parties
Project Guru works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Service, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Service; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Service as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with the services they provide to us.
5. Your account & notification settings
Registered Project Guru users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
Project Guru takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Project Guru users. All-access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Project Guru users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, Project Guru cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
7. Changing your information or closing your account
Upon request, Project Guru will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request the deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting Project Guru through your online account. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, you can do so by sending a written request by email to [email protected]. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on the Service even if you close your account, including information in your Workstream and messages you posted to the Service. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove the information you posted publicly through or on the Service. Bear in mind that neither you nor Project Guru can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Service.
8. International transfer of personal information
Project Guru protects personally identifiable information from residents of the European Union, other European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland in accordance with applicable law (including, as applicable, reliance upon your consent and EU-approved standard contract clauses).
9. Links to other sites
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
10. Public profile
The profile you create on our site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. Public profiles may be indexed by Google and other ‘Search Engines’ and display information in search results. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
To stop Google Indexing: You can stop your profile from being index by Google and other search engines by changing the required settings from your online account.
11. Additional terms for eea customers
The information below is required pursuant to the EEA law regarding privacy and data protection. The terms below apply to EEA customers in addition to the terms in the rest of the Policy.
- You should be aware that when sharing your information, it may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA.
- Please note that where data is transferred outside of the EEA, non-EEA countries may not offer the same level of protection for personal data as is available in the EEA. Project Guru will take various measures to ensure that your data is treated securely.
- You have given your consent to the processing of your data.
- In case of concern over data protection or processing, you will write to [email protected] and provide reasonale time (upto 30 days, in ceratin cases upto 90 days) to respond and resolve your concern.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.
12. Phishing & online fraud
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Project Guru. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be Project Guru, please report to us.
Project Guru ensures to take all measures to secure the online platform & other services but in rare cases certain users may request you to communicate outside the Project Guru system and request money deposit. You should never deposit or send money to any user outside the Project Guru platform.
13. Changes to this policy