Proposing research methodology
Research methodology broadly includes data collection and the procedure followed to analyze the data. However researchers find it difficult to propose the appropriate research methodology to achieve given aims and objectives. This module shall help deciding the appropriate methodology for the research.
Research design strategy
Designing the appropriate research strategy is an important element of every study. There are various elements of research design and the researcher should choose the appropriate strategy based on the aims and objectives of the research.
- How to develop and present a conceptual framework in a research paper?
- Understanding research
- Understanding research philosophy
- Importance of research approach in a research
- Choosing an appropriate research philosophy
- Types of inductive and deductive research strategy
- Understanding the importance of a research hypothesis
- What is null and alternative hypothesis?
- How to formulate a research strategy?
- Differences and similarities in Grounded theory and Ethnography
Sampling and data collection
It is important in every research to choose appropriate target population based on the research objectives and collect the sample data. Collection of sample may vary as per the study. Some of the most popular sampling plan and data collection methods are explained in the following articles.
- Sampling plan in a business research
- Questionnaire administration
- How to develop a questionnaire for a research paper?
- How to measure the reliability of questionnaires?
- How to handle a negative Cronbach’s alpha value?
- How to calculate the sample size of primary research?
- What are quantitative research sampling methods?
Testing the validity and consistency of the collected data is important. Results from the data analysis can be misleading if the data fails the validity test. The following articles explains the most popular methods to check the validity of both the qualitative and quantitative data.
Limitation and ethical consideration
Every research methodology suffers from some kind of limitations. Following articles provide the major limitations of the two of most popular research method, namely the qualitative and quantitative research. Similarly the importance of ethical consideration of the research is also explained.